Friday, November 15, 2013

Tag Tuesday: Proverbs

I've been so busy and creating my tags so much later than Tuesday, that dear hubby is now teasing me by callling it "Tag Next Tuesday, which is nearly true! Wise guy!  I chose a proverb that is very pertinent to my life right now: "Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold." I have several dear friends who are moving out of state in the near future, which makes me sad.  But I have to keep thinking about the new friends I've made and how to cultivate deeper relationships with them while cherishing my old friends and planning wonderful trips to visit them.

I decided to make this a bit rustic, so I drew and hand cut the hearts on chip board rather than using a die cut machine, and I painted and scuffed the edges. I hand-wrote the proverb.  A new technique I tried was embossing foil in plastic embossing folders, which worked really well. Here is the whole tag. It's kinda long, and I had a really difficult time getting a good photo:

Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for stopping by!
Laura

2 comments:

Aimee at Refresh-Renew... said...

I love the vintage sweetness of this tag! so pretty laura!-aimee

Tea in the Library said...

No matter what you make, it's YOU. It never looks derivative. I guess that's the difference between Art and crafts.