Diane, from Diane's Vintage Zest recently gave me "The Liebster Award." I was so surprised and happy!
The Liebster award is a token of recognition that bloggers award to fellow bloggers who they think deserve more recognition. The German word, "Liebster," roughly translates to "Dearest." The guidelines of this award are as follows:
Eleven things about myself:
- I played clarinet and piano up through high school, but I only play recorder now--sometimes.
- I created some of the sound effects background sequences (a fight scene in a small office, a chase in a casino, a fight in a bar, and a love sequence, uh-huh) for Soul Trapper, an audio-based radio drama for the Iphone, currently available in the Itunes store.
- I met my husband after he graduated college at a bar while he was playing in a band. After graduating myself, I went on the road with him and mixed the sound and ran the lighting. We opened for the Pointer Sisters in New York 3 days after we were married!
- I have a southern accent--East Tennessee.
- I padded and upholstered every surface in my husband's recording studio and control room-ceilings and walls and isolation booth and weird shapes--and I don't ever want that job again!
- I have a degree in English with a concentration in creative writing, but I'm a TERRIBLE creative writer! :-0
- I have always loved chemistry and that's probably why I know a lot about pharmaceuticals and am fascinated by and enjoy making cold process soap.
- The sound of crickets is very relaxing to me.
- Autumn is my absolute favorite time of year.
- I prefer the mountains and woods over the beach and the ocean.
- I LOVE coffee.
So that is I.
Next I have to answer Diane's 11 questions. After that, I will pass on this award to some of my favorite bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers. That part will be fun!