Saturday, July 13, 2013

Liebster Award Part 2 and Inspired Sunday Blog Party

You may have seen it in my last post that Diane from Vintage Zest gave me the "Liebster Award."  It's a token of recognition that bloggers award to fellow bloggers who they think deserve more recognition. The terminology "Liebster" roughly translates to "Dearest" from German. In my last post I relayed 11 facts about myself. In this post I will answer Diane's 11 questions. Next post, I will list the blogs I am awarding and post my 11 questions!
Here are Diane's 11 questions:
1.  If you could have one super-power, what would it be? 
I wish I could snap my fingers and my whole house would be clean!

2. What is a bad habit of yours that you would like to break?
I don't pick up behind myself. :-0  I tried Fly Lady, I've read the Messies Manual... I guess I would rather make or read something than clean something!

3.  If you were going to compete on any reality show, what would it be?  
I'm not much into TV--esp since my hubby canceled our service-- but it would             probably be BBC's "Bargain Hunt" with David Dickinson. 

4.  What is your best talent?  
Appreciating and bringing out the possibility in things through creativity and               people through encouragement.

5.   What is one skill or talent that you wish you had?  
I wish I could draw. 

6.  Who is your hero? 
This is a hard one. I think everyone has something "heroic" to offer if  encouraged and given opportunity.  I always remember that "God is not a respecter of persons" and that he "crowned man [people] with glory and honor."  We should all be honored for being. That said, I admire Corrie Ten Boom's sacrifice  for the Jewish people during the Holocaust.  I admire the determination of great artists and writers, like Charles Dickens and Luciano Pavarotti who, despite growing up in relative poverty, did odd jobs but  stayed focused on their art and left something of the divine that enriches all   humanity. 

7.  What was the most difficult thing you've ever had to do? 
This one's easy! Raise a child!

8.  If you had to live in any other time period besides now, which one would you       pick? 
The mid to late 1800s--as long as I were wealthy.  I love the beautiful mansions, gardens, clothing, jewelry, furnishings, but the poverty and classism would have saddened me.

9.   What is the one place in the world (or universe) that you'd like to travel to, if                  money wasn't an issue? 
I don't really like to travel. What I would really love to be able to do is live for a year or two in the countryside of Italy, France, Cornwall, Devon, the Cotswolds, or Ireland.
  
10.  What is your biggest guilty pleasure? 
Standing in the kitchen with spoon in hand tunneling the fudge out of the icecream container--I usually don't leave any for hubby.

11.    What is your favorite (or least favorite) thing about blogging? 
My favorite is getting to know new people and seeing their talents and gifts.  My least favorite is trying to create a post when I'm exhausted and my photos aren't turning out right.

Whew! That's done! Now on to the Inspired Sunday blog party!

A huge thanks to everyone who has been linking up in the past weeks.  This week I decided to feature two newcomers to our intimate party so we could get to know them better.

Michele at Something Special dropped her precious cloche, which shattered into pieces.  I could feel her pain when I read the story! But in the true spirit of creativity, she took a thrift shop vase and set to work making a new table display. Her lovely blog has many wonderful vintage things to see!

Aimee from Refresh and Renew gives a great step-by-step tutorial for making this adorable magnet board for her sweet little girls' room.  She also made the fantastic magnets, which she shows how to make in another post. (I make these magnets myself, and people love receiving them as gifts!)

If you've been featured, please grab my button from my left sidebar and post on your blog. 

If you're linking up, please be sure to put a link to my blog on your blog.  I'd love to have more people join us!  If you follow my blog, I will follow you back. :-)

Now let's see what has inspired everyone this week!




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on wanting to go to Ireland, and my dumb pictures not coming out right on my blog! ugh! Congrats on the award, yay! Thanks for hosting as always - Dawn

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

Thanks so much for hosting!
xo, Andrea

Unknown said...

I love the answers! I don't have anything to share right now, but I'm still peeping in on everyone else's projects as usual!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

What a great party! I think I'm here for the first time, thanks to Debbie Doubble. Thank you for having me. Big hugs,
FABBY

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Laura,
Thanks so much for visiting and for your kind words!!
It was my pleasure to give you a shout out. Maybe if you invited people to the party when you visit them? Or do a specific post on just the party and what can now be linked up???
Just trying to help...

Thanks so much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Deb

Blessed Serendipity said...

So nice to get to know you a bit better. Thanks for hosting the party. Happy Sunday to you.

xo Danielle

The Charm of Home said...

Thank you for hosting! I loved reading your interview questions!
Sherry

myjewellery11 said...

"Liebster Award Part 2 and Inspired Sunday Blog Party " - beautiful pictures, point words, useful information, great fashion post! Sincerely, yours vintage prom dresses

Aimee at Refresh-Renew... said...

Laura! Thank you so much for the Feature. You made my day. Thank you for hosting and your wonderful blog.
-Aimee

Day before Michelle said...

Congrats on the award :)

I love getting to know more about my fellow bloggers!

Laura said...

Thanks for the super sweet comment on my blog and the invitation to come over to the party!

Tea in the Library said...

Corrie Ten Boom is an amazing person. Glad I got a chance to browse the party.