Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My First Samples for Pink Persimmon

Wow, could the relaxation of my two weeks in the South have left me me so quickly????? I hardly know what has happened since my feet hit the ground here in So. Cal.  I tried to post on my trip, but the internet was too slow in most of the places we visited to make it practical. (And I was dealing with a new lap top with Windows 8! :-O )  

I sure have missed visiting your blogs and so appreciate your leaving comments on mine.  I will keep going with the Inspired Sunday blog party, so please stop by on Sunday and link up anything you think might inspire us to live with beauty, art, and inspiration.

Before I left, I finished these samples for the first new release of Pink Persimmon stamps for 2014.   My goal was to use some trendy elements to make cards that were not too difficult to be easily replicated.  I wanted the first one to have a postal kind of look, using washi and bakers' twine:
"Hey Girl" Stamp Sheet
For this next one I wanted to use aqua and coral - very fifties colors:
"Hostess Girl" Stamp Sheet
And for my last sample I wanted a chic look, rooted in the forties.  The chalkboard look is one of my favorites--this fancy girl's must have pearls!
"Sassy Girl" Stamp Set
Thanks for viewing and please do come back and link up on Sunday!  Happy New Year to everyone!
Laura

6 comments:

Tea in the Library said...

Love these!
I'm adding a link to your site on my post Bride of Inspired by.

Good luck with Windows8. I might like it more on a tablet than I do on my desktop. Frankly, I hate when anything on my PC changes!

Unknown said...

Ooh I love these! Great Job.

Anonymous said...

For each card you achieved exactly what you set out to achieve - such a great collection of cards.
Wishes
Lynne

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

So cute Laura and I love the colors! Welcome back!
hugs,
Jann

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

They are all so cute. The aqua and coral one is my favourite I think, though that quote about shoes is so right, that I'm not sure I have a favourite!

Aimee at Refresh-Renew... said...

Love your ninja card making skills! I was an SU demonstrator for almost 10 years but haven't touch my stamps in about as long. Your cards are inspiring. I love the retro looks! And the vintage looks! Can't wait to link up to your party this week. I feel like January has whooped my bootie...I cannot believe it is almost over...blogger hugs!-aimee