Sunday, January 19, 2014

Valentines and Inspired Sunday

Whew! Is January zooming by for you? It sure is for me. It seems to be taking all month for me to get back in the groove, and I really have decided that a woman's work is NEVER done! Do you feel that way too?  I didn't have much time to work on a post today, so I brought out some Valentine's cards that I made a while ago:

Chalkboard style is so trendy right now, and I just love it!  I  rub black card stock with a piece of chalk, and then stamp with embossing ink, add white embossing powder, and melt with a heat gun. I added some precut Victorian scrap and burlap and layered onto card stock:

Another of my favorite "techniques" is paper dolls. I used stamps from Mad Rat Rubber to make this cat doll.  Mad Rat has lots of great doll stamps! 

Now I've got to get back to cleaning!  I am really looking forward to seeing what you are working on, so please link up with the blog party!  :-)

                                                                                                       Laura

Inspired Sunday Blog Party

Link up any project, craft, vintage find, or anything else you think would inspire us!  Please link back to my blog and please leave comments for some of the other bloggers.

6 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for the party. Laura!! Glad to see that you are continuing it!!

You are so talented and your art is lovely!!

Hugs,
Deb

Ivy and Elephants said...

Thanks so much for hosting, Laura.
This month is flying for me as well.
Love the cute paper dolls, they make adorable cards!
Hugs,
Patti

Trisha said...

The Valentine's are so sweet! Have a great week!

~Trisha

Christina Paul said...

Your valentine's are delightful- love the chalkboard idea- and the cat is adorable!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I love the cat doll!

Tea in the Library said...

I'm so far behind I'm not sure there's a word for it ... oh, yeah,it rhymes' with rued. Valentines are great. I love how versatile you are! So great to me joining in again!