Friday, September 18, 2015

Autumn Art Doll with Character Constructions

What a crazy time I've been having since I last posted! With major plumbing repairs and too many other things I won't bother to bore you with, I have been in a slight creative slump. So I felt very rejuvenated yesterday to receive the Autumn 2015 issue of The Stamper's Sampler featuring my art work on a couple of pages. For this issue, I took the challenge of using one stamp in a variety of ways. My stamp of choice was The Beekeeper's Tea Plate 6 from Character Constructions. (The dress is from plate 4 and the sentiment is from Bird and Bee Paperie plate 3. I hope you enjoy!





 Thank you for stopping in!

                                                        Laura

10 comments:

Sophie said...

Umwerfend und wunderschön.

Grüße von Sophie

uksu said...

Beautiful. A couple of years ago you made a set of 3 halloween cards including one with orange and black bakers twine and the stampin' up! spooky tree stamp. I am looking for the oval frame embossing folder that you used on that card, can you tell me what it is please? Thank you so much! :)

Laura said...

Thank you Sophie and Uksu! Uksu, that oval frame was actually a brass stencil from Anna Griffin that I ran through my Big Shot with an embossing mat. You might be able to find it used
through a Google search.

uksu said...

Laura, thanks so much for answering, how helpful you are! I will certainly try to find it in the UK, and hope to make something nearly as beautiful as yours! Sue xxx

Anonymous said...

Laura
What an absolute treat to view your latest published creations. My copy of Sampler has not arrived as yet. Strangely, all of a sudden magazines are taking much longer to arrive, I still have not received my complimentary issue of Somerset Apprentice. Oh well, I just need to be patient for a little while longer.
Congratulations to you for another fabulous array of creativity. You are inspirational.
Wishes
Lynne

Laura Turner said...

So happy to hear from you, Lynne. Thank you for the kind comments! Coming from you, it's a real honor. I'm hopping on over to your blog to pay you a visit.

2amscrapper said...

congrats! And I need to learn more about Character Constructions.

lisa said...

How on earth have I missed your blog? How wonderful, I've been a fan of your work since I first stumbled upon Character Constructions. I'm so happy to see more of your work here!
RB Lisa

Tea in the Library said...

I'm always happy to see you're latest creation.
Hope all your plumbing worries are taken care of. Cheers!

Unknown said...

Bonjour Laura
Just bought the last S Sampler . WOW! I really love your style and your clever sense of details and colours.
What a beautiful idea the glitter embellishments . I am going to try this . What kind of glittery medium?
The effect is just amazing . Merci Laura for the inspiration.
Continue to express your beautiful mind

Bisous...Dominique A-Bennani