Sunday, September 15, 2013

Inspired Sunday - Ready for Fall

A common theme in this week's blog party link-ups was Fall.  Fall is my favorite season. It ushers in cooler mornings, just right to bundle up in a throw on the sofa and cooler evenings with overflowing bowls of vegetable-beef soup and fresh homemade bread. I actually come alive again in the Fall after wilting in the late summer. My energy returns, and I clean and cook and craft. And I see that you too are decorating, and crafting, and enjoying Fall outings.

While Fall decor typically centers on rich crimson, burnt orange, and bright gold colors, Penny at Penny's Vintage Home shows us this week that Fall decorating can be achieved with shades of cream combined with the rough textures of wicker baskets:

Aimee from Refresh Renew also went with a neutral color scheme and made these great burlap pumpkins, which she says are fool proof:

Jann from Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olsen also varied the traditional color scheme for her Fall decor, using black and white elements combined with a few colorful Fall elements:
IMG_2186

Perhaps Fall means Oktoberfest to you.  I've never been to one, but Brittany's post on dirndls and the fun to be had at Oktoberfest just made me want try it. On my way to brunch today, I saw a sign in a nearby town for one in mid-October. You can be sure that hubby and I are planning to go! Brittany's outing to the bone church is super-interesting too-- be sure to check out her post. I have never seen anything like this church, and I love the churches of Austria!
Brittany in her dirndl
And now that Fall is around the corner and the heat is almost over, it is time to get an early start on Christmas crafting. Jenny at Lakeshore Stamping gives a great video tutorial on making a gift card holder out of an envelope. So cute and easy to create with what you have on hand or with new items that you might want to buy. What a great way to add a personal touch to gift cards, which often seem so impersonal.
 (529)

It is always a treat to visit your blogs, to learn new things, and to get to know you better.

Now lets see what this last week of summer holds for everyone!

10 comments:

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

Thank you for featuring my fall decorating ideas....hugs, Penny

Trisha said...

Thanks for hosting each week!

~Trisha

The Charm of Home said...

I am ready for fall! Thank you for hosting!
Sherry

Living The Dream Homestead said...

We're heading into Spring here :D Loving the blossoms and warmer days and extended daylight hours!

Aimee at Refresh-Renew... said...

Thank you for the feature Laura! So enjoy your linky--thank you for hosting! have a great week! aimee

Unknown said...

Thanks again, for featuring one of my posts and a link to the bone church, sounds creepy haha. I don't know that I look authentic but it's a hell of a lot of fun, glad you are going to make it to a mini oktoberfest!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Laura,
Thanks so much for hosting and for always stopping by!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I love that black and white gingham pumpkin you featured.

Ivy and Elephants said...

Great features! Thanks so much for hosting.
Hugs,
Patti

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Great Features! Thanks so much for the invite!!

Jody