Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Halloween Travertine Coasters

Halloween is oddly enough my favorite holiday. Perhaps one reason is that it seems to be the one holiday that requires so little and gives so much in return. There is so little pressure to meet expectations, and that lets me be free to enjoy and do what I feel like making or doing (or not)!  I love the dark evening, the cool air, all the Halloween folk art and colors, the neighborhood sounds of laughter and music, and the 80 or so little guests all dressed up for festivity who come only expecting a piece of candy!  What's not to love?

So to kick off my Halloween crafting, I made these coasters with new Danse Macabre rubber stamp sheet from Oxford Impressions at the Austen Gallery.  These stamps come as an unmounted rubber sheet that you mount yourself (tutorial here).  The macabre images work well on travertine, which looks like crumbly old cemetery stone.  All in all, this style is a little creepy for me, but I think perfect for those with edgier tastes.



So what do you think? Are they your style or do you know someone who would like them?
                                                                                                                                                  Laura


I'm linking up with these parties:
Inspire Me Tuesdays at a Stroll Through Life

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Halloween is my favorite holiday too for all these reasons. Love these stamps too!

Laura Turner said...

I thought you would like them! :-)

Tea in the Library said...

You always have the best ideas!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Laura, I love Halloween too! All of the things that you mentioned are on my list of why I love it so much! The coasters are great! I like a little spooky, but nothing too gory. I made my kitchen table into a witches laboratory. That's about as much gore as I can handle. I have such fond memories of Halloween as a child. Can't quit loving it just because I am grown! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann