Sunday, October 20, 2013

Halloween Card Pinspiration and Inspired Sunday Blog Party

(My planned post of my Halloween decor is not quite finished, so it will be coming next week.)

Do you LOVE Pinterest? I REALLY, REALLY do! When Pinterest surveyed me about adding preferred, ad-type posts, my response was "please, no!" I really hated the Christmas pins from "celebrities" last year! Yick! I even told them I'd be willing to pay a small monthly subscription fee to keep my service the way it is!  Pinterest feels like my very own file system for my work and the inspiring work of other,  that we all can share. Sometimes I just take a color, or an idea and work from there. And sometimes, when I'm having a non-creative day, a too-________-kind-of-day (fill in the blank), and I want to create, I head into my Pinterest boards and find something I've Pinned in admiration and make that. This Halloween card was just that kind of project.

I had the spider web embossing folder from Stampin' Up and the washi from Michaels.  The Pinterest card had a different stamp, but I came up with one that worked equally well. I also added the die cut glitter bats and spiders.



These were super simple and quick to make. I decided to make four to send to my dear mother- and father-in-law who have just moved from their well-loved home and community in Florida to a care home near my sister-in-law in Jackson, MS. I thought they would like to share with new friends they will meet and spread some Halloween cheer. I am also making some candy treats in pretty packages for them to give out. They are always thinking of others, so I hope this will help ease a tiny part of their difficult transition.

What did you share this week?

Debbie from Debbie Dabble put on the most AMAZING decorative spread for a very lucky group of ladies at her church's luncheon. (And I appreciated that she shared that even she--Ms. energy personified--gets stressed out!) She spared no creative idea and made the most festive Halloween table setting, complete with goodies to take home. I'm sure you'll be inspired by everything she did, I certainly am! 

Rhonda at Obsessive and Creative made these fantastic signs and gives a great tutorial--pinning this, anyone? These look FANTASTIC and are SO doable:
Newcomer Julie, from Creating This Life, finds so much fall to buy at the grocery store!  I, too, love these little pumpkins and found her idea to put them in an outdoor lamp to be a very clever one!  Do you love those little pumpkins?  Her blog is beautiful, and I'm sure you'll want to see more!
Fall Lantern

Newcomer Nancy from A Joyful Cottage wrote a great post on a topic close to my heart: "to paint or not to paint." As a person who grew up with fine antiques, I am often conflicted about this whole Annie Sloan chalk paint craze. I like it, don't get me wrong, but there is a time for all things. Nancy's post shows two pieces, one she painted, and one she decided against painting. For the unpainted piece, she gives an excellent tutorial on how to restore the finish the way antiques dealers have told me all my life! Great info, and the piece is beautiful:

Thanks so much, everyone, for the interesting posts you linked up to this week's party. I quickly visited each one, but didn't leave comments for all. I will do so today, as your posts were all lovely.

If you've been featured, please display my badge on your blog.  

Now lets show our best Halloween or fall-themed inspiration! If you link up, you must link back to my blog to be featured.  Also, please become a follower. Let me know through a comment, and I will follow you back!  Have a beautiful Sunday!
Laura

6 comments:

Julie @ Creating This Life said...

Hi Laura. Thanks for the feature. I look forward to looking through today's linkups. Have a great day, Julie

Nancy said...

Hi Laura. Thank you for featuring my chest on Inspired Sunday. I've grabbed your badge and proudly displayed it on A Joyful Cottage. Blessings, Nancy

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Laura!! Thanks so much for the feature!! I just woke up because i worked last night...
I will give you a Shout out in my next post which will be out in a day or 2.. Thanks again for the party!!

Yes, I do get stressed out and I still am as I am getting everything done for the Craft Fair and Theme Basket raffle we are running for the church!! LOL!!

Hugs,
Deb

Unknown said...

Pinterest really has a lot of amazing ideas Laura and you certainly did a great job with the Halloween card. Very creative! Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week.

The Charm of Home said...

Thank you for hosting!
Sherry

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Love the card Laura! I'm late, but happy to be here.
hugs,
Jann