Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Tag Tuesday: Africa

Wow, this one just about threw me, but after thinking on it for a week, I remembered some Africa-themed, clearance-bin cards in my stash and set to work.  I wanted this to look like a postcard, so I trimmed the card to a tag size, stamped the back, aged it a bit,  and added a Cape of Good Hope stamped image:
To change up the front a bit, I added a piece of transparent paper tape from Tim Holtz, which looks like newsprint, another Cape of Good Hope stamp, and a heat embossed image in deep red:
For starting with such little inspiration, I'm really happy with the result. I hope your recent creative endeavors have been fun and fruitful!
Laura

5 comments:

Aimee at Refresh-Renew... said...

Hi Laura! Great Tag! Miss seeing your party! blessings for a peaceful weekend! xoxo-aimee

Cathy said...

great look--Cathy

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Well, you were actually very inspired!

Ann said...

Just stumbled across your lovely blog. Your tags are awe-inspiring. I'm your newest follower.

Tea in the Library said...

Came out great!