Friday, June 6, 2014

Tag Tuesday: Roses

It's just been far too long since I have posted. Life takes so many twists and turns, invites us to meet others, share joys, share sorrows, take on new challenges, and it seems to drag me along kicking and screaming sometimes. I certainly have missed so many of you; I hope I can make time to visit your blogs this weekend.

I have also missed out on a lot of Tag Tuesdays, but with Memorial Day over and Fourth of July around the corner, I got a little patriotic burr in my saddle!

I started with white card stock and spritzed a red ink and water mixture onto a stencil from Tim Holtz. Then I spritzed walnut ink to age it the paper. I stamped the rose in navy blue and colored with pencils. I really am happy with the patriotic, retro look of this tag! I will say though, it looks so much better in person!

I wish you all a good and blessed weekend.

Laura


6 comments:

Tea in the Library said...

Have been missing you! Love the tag it would make a great tee shirt design I think.

Tonya said...

I love the "fringe" at the bottom of your tag so much I might just have to borrow that!!! Thanks so much for the inspiration!!!
{{{Hugs}}}

Tonya

Aimee at Refresh-Renew... said...

Love to see you are posting...I can relate to life taking you in different directions. Still love seeing your work! Happy 4th!
-aimee

Bay Cardmaker said...

I'm always looking for patriotic ideas..several members of my family are in the military and I like to let them know how much there service is appreciated. The design is si appealing to look at.

I'm hoping you can help me out with a halloween card you did last year posted on Octover31, 2013. I have the stamp to do the crow. I'm not sure how you did the frame around the spooky owl in the tree . Was it an embossing folder or die cut. The owl in the tree stamp looks like one I have from Stampin Up. I'd really appreciate your help. Carolyn

Laura said...

Dear Bay Cardmaker,
The frame around the spooky owl was made from a brass stencil that I ran through my Big Shot. I then cut an oval out of the center with an oval metal die. The owl is from Stampin Up.
Laura

Bay Cardmaker said...

Thank you.