Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Fourth of July Decor with Character Constructions

Thanks for stopping by. I took time out of my crazy schedule to honor my design team commitment for Character Constructions stamps. And I must say that, oh, I just LOVE Character Constructions Stamps!!! I start with a slight idea, and the stamps seem to just morph into a project. They take me on a journey more than I plan how to use them. For the debutante below, I used a plate from the Cirque Collection and mounted her on a box that I covered with a Revolutionary War letter I found and modified from Google image search.


 The rhinestone embellishments are bits of vintage Czech glass that I purchased in Port Costa (near San Francisco) last weekend at Wendy Addison's Theatre of Dreams.


  This next piece was inspired by a turn of the century award medal and ribbon that
 I admired in an antiques mall in the quaint old town of Petaluma.
I used Character Constructions Bird and 
Bee Paperie Plate #2 for the image:




I am delighted that these pieces have such an authentic vintage look. 
I can't wait to see what other stamps I can use for Fourth of July!

I'm joining these fine blog parties:
 Laura


5 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love them both, Laura, but I think the first one is my favorite! I really like the vintage look to it and such a great patriotic piece.

Tea in the Library said...

Nice work. They are great. Because I'm deeply obsessed with making patriotic theme medallions right now I am am favoring the second. Thanks for the inspirations. Love them. Take care.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Oh my gosh Laura, your talent never ceases to amaze me. These are absolutely fabulous!! I too love the vintage feel. Thanks for sharing them with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Ivy and Elephants said...

These pretties have me all a flutter! So beautiful. You are well on your way to creating a fabulous 4th of July. Thank you so much for sharing them with us. Heavens, I'd better get started!
Hugs,
Patti

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Love, love, love!!!!!!