Sunday, March 16, 2014

Inspired Sunday Blog Party: Almost Spring!

While most of the country is cold, cold, cold, we in Southern California are experience a perpetual summer!  (It was 93 today!) I think we are all ready for Spring--most of you for a warm up, but for us a cool down!

I've been trying to catch up on my tags for Tag Tuesday this week.  The theme of maps was the inspiration for my "California Dreamin' "tag. I used a piece of vintage map, a girl from Pink Persimmon stamps, and rhinestone stars to mark destinations in So. Cal. Does it make you want to visit sunny So Cal?
Next was a tag for the "Pretty in Pink" theme. I painted cardboard and coated with pink sparkly nail polish.  The light pastels and use of jute remind me of Spring flowers and birds' nests:
Many of you are ready for Spring as well. Penny from Penny's Vintage Home, is getting ready with a new potting shed complete with a gorgeous potting bench her husband made from a door. It looks too pretty to pot on! I want one! :-)
Sherry from The Charm of Home created a simple Spring wreath for her door utilizing faux greenery from past years and trimming with a bird's nest. So simple and inexpensive, but so beautiful!
Spring Wreath: The Charm of Home

Newcomer, Betty, at My Cozy Corner created this beautiful Spring tablescape for a luncheon using thrift shop dishes and napkin rings and grapevine wreath around the plates. I just love the touch of Spring that the grapevine brings. Great tablescape, Betty!
Thank you for linking up with the blog party this week, everyone. I wish you a wonderful week ahead, filled with love and beauty and more fresh breaths of Spring.  If you have been featured, please put my button on your blog.
Laura
Inspired Sunday Blog Party

Link up anything you think would inspire us to beautiful living! Please link back to my blog.



6 comments:

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

Thank you so much for featuring my potting table! Have a great week...hugs, Penny

Debby Ray said...

Thank you for hosting, Laura....have a blessed week ahead!

Trisha said...

Thanks for hosting!

~Trisha

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Those are lovely features that brings nice spring inspiration!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Love both of your tags Laura! Clever idea to use the nail polish. Yes, I am ready for Spring, but wish I could shake this darn Spring cold! Thanks for hosting. Love all of the features.
hugs,
Jann

My Cozy Corner said...

Thank you for featuring my Birds of a Feather Tablescape. Spring is so inspiring, with all the beautiful flowers and trees in bloom. I love your blog and your tags are fabulous.
Joyously,
Betty @ My Cozy Corner