Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tag Tuesday: X is for Xebec

Wow, what a challenge the letter "x" has been! I am so loving all the "x" tags that have been posted at Tag Tuesday and appreciate the kind comments on my "w" tag.

After much struggle and time spent in a dictionary from 1947, I chose "xebec." This is a small, three-masted sailing ship commonly used by Barbary pirates and still in use today! I started with this beer carton that I had been saving--my husband's current favorite beer:
I cut out the front emblem, still not really sure how the tag was going to come together. I used a Spanish doll stamp from Mad Rat Rubber (great doll stamps at great prices) and was really happy to use my yellow-green ink for the first time.  Perfect match!  I stamped a ship that might be a xebec, :-), and then stamped the anchor on part of the beer carton and cut it out. 

 

On a piece of torn sail, I stamped an "x." Once everything was cut and attached, I spritzed the entire piece with watered down walnut ink.

 

I am so eXcited to see what the other participants have created!
Laura

6 comments:

Diane said...

Love this tag! You commented at TT you'd like to see my tag bigger. Did you click on it to bring it up bigger? I think it's the same size on my blog, but it was posted there yesterday too.

Tea in the Library said...

Love the tags! I am following by email now - don't want to miss a single one!

Day before Michelle said...

This tag is AWESOME!

I married a sailor 20+ years ago, and we love all things nautical :)

Anni - My Creative Life and Mixed Media Books said...

Laura thanks for sweet comment on my blog, love your tag it is so creatively made.
Anni

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Oh my gosh, so cute Laura! Love the dimensional anchor and the x!
hugs,
Jann

Lynn Stevens said...

Now that's creative... Note to self. (don't through out beer cartons) LOL
Hugs Lynn