Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tag Tuesday: Y is for "Yesteryear"

For this tag, I chose the word, "yesteryear," with everything on the tag representing days of yore. This is one of my few attempts at a mixed media collage, and I'm not sure what I think about it. For the foundation, I used a shred of map from the 60's, a piece of a 50's dictionary, a shred of sheet music, and a scrap of paper in a vintage print, which are barely visible at this point, being hidden under layers of acrylic paint, stamped and painted images, and washi.  I mixed some molding plaster and used a vintage stencil to add texture. I stamped a 50's pattern girl and a Victorian cup from Oxford Impressions and started assembling. Although I love detail, I prefer a cleaner style--but I think this might be growing on me.

The green paint and circle metal brad remind me of the green industrial paint that was used on so many metal items here in the 50's. The "hanger" is vintage rick-rack and lace. Here's a closer look where you can really see the textured molding plaster:

Linking up with these blog parties:
Inspire Me Tuesdays at a Stroll Through Life
Knick of Time Tuesday
You're Gonna Love It
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Show Me What You Got Tuesdays
Primp Your Stuff Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesdays
Share Your Cup Thursdays
Grace at Home
Show and Tell Friday
Sweet and Simple Fridays

8 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Laura,
thank you very much for your kind comment to my post. As you seen I love vintage too :-)
I follow your beautiful blog too!!

Have a nice day,
Laura

Kate Yetter said...

Wow! This tag is gorgeous! I love the pastel colors and the vintage inspired little girl!
Thank you for your visit to my blog. I appreciate your nice comment. I have enjoyed my look around your blog so much I am going to follow you. Enjoy your day.
Kate

Sandy said...

I do love your tag - it is fabulous!!
Sandy

Diana Seal said...

Hi Laura, absolutely gorgeous tag!
Love all the details and colors!
Have a great week!
Diana

Tea in the Library said...

I'm always glad when you post your artwork. I study the heck out of it. I appreciate when artist explain why they make the choices they do. Love this piece! I love pattern people and teacups!

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

This is really charming! I'm featuring you this week at Knick of Time Tuesday - thanks for sharing at the party!

I hope you'll join me on July 15th for the Christmas in July link party - you can share both old Christmas project posts and new Christmas creations!

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

I'm fascinated by your tag. The colors and designs you chose really catch my eye. I'd love to see a play by play of how you did it. So cute!
Liz

Nancy Carr said...

Saw you on Knick of Time and am now following you. Love this tag and am glad I found you.